Cornerstone Academy opened in 2000 as the result of its founders’ search for innovative solutions that would meet the academic needs of today’s families. We explored the natural connection between church, school, and home, and discovered a way to weave these ancient pillars of community together. Our combination of home study and classroom study comprises an educational model that allows parents a high level of responsibility for their children’s education through partnership with seasoned professionals. Thus, each child’s individual needs are met, and parents enjoy greater support and accountability in the process.
At Cornerstone Academy, we are . . .
A Community of Faith —Education from a Biblical Worldview
The first priority among our families is the unity we share as followers of Christ. We represent many different churches and denominations but we agree on the essentials of the historic Christian faith and the supremacy of Jesus Christ. At Cornerstone we believe that education cannot be separated from our Christian faith and seek to incorporate a Biblical worldview into all aspects of the education process. In addition to studying the Bible and memorizing Scripture as part of the curriculum, students are taught to evaluate their experiences and learning in light of the Scriptures. Cornerstone faculty and staff also strive to reflect a biblical worldview by providing a clear model of Christian life and love in their relationships with students.
A Community of Family
Each of the families at Cornerstone Academy has made a commitment to building and preserving a strong family unit. We encourage each other toward a strong sense of family identity and share common convictions on standards and methods for the moral training of children. We understand and appreciate the vital role that community plays in the deepening and grounding of that moral training in the hearts of children.
A Community of Academics
Cornerstone Academy offers a full range of academic offerings including art, music, and languages, and emphasizes college preparatory studies in the Logic and Rhetoric schools. For Grammar students (K4-5th grade), parents have a 1 or 2 day home-study option to oversee instruction at home, with teacher-provided lesson plans, on Monday and Thursday. Logic students have the same 1 or 2 day home-study option available. Rhetoric students (grades 9-12) are on campus Tuesday through Friday and study at home on Mondays, overseen by parents following teacher-directed lesson plans. Monday school is available for rhetoric students needing a 5-day schedule. State scholarship students in all grades must attend school 5 days per week.
A Community of Athletics & Activities
Cornerstone Academy offers a broad range of extracurricular athletics and activities sure to challenge, inspire, and equip your child to impact his or her world as a passionate disciple of Christ. Activities and athletics provide opportunities for students to discover and cultivate gifts and talents that support their relationships with God, family, and academics.
Cornerstone Academy Mission
* To assist parents in providing an excellent classical education and in building godly character founded on a biblical worldview resulting in passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
Cornerstone Academy Vision
* To further impact this community and the world with young Christian leaders who think clearly and listen carefully with discernment and understanding; who reason and articulate precisely; who are capable of evaluating their range of experience in the light of the Scriptures; and who do so with eagerness in joyful submission to God.
Our Faculty and Staff
God has blessed Cornerstone with a dedicated and talented group of men and women who serve as administrators and teachers.
- Cornerstone Academy is currently hiring Grammar and Secondary teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. If you are interested, please fill out and send in an application. Click here to download. Positions include, but not limited to:
- Higher-level Mathematics (Calculus, Pre Calc, Algebra II,) & Physics
- Part-time Spanish
- Part-time Mathematics (Algebra & Geometry) – or combination with Spanish
- Cornerstone is not currently hiring any staff (non-teaching) positions. If you would like to be considered for future staff employment, please submit the following application. Click here to download.
Contact / School Hours
PO Box 357430
Gainesville, Fl 32635
Phone: (352) 378-9337
Fax: (352) 378-7708
Cornerstone Academy is located at the intersection of NW 34th ST and NW 16th BLVD in Gainesville in the Westwood Hills Church of God Building.
1520 NW 34th Street
Gainesville, FL 32605
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 7:30am – 3:30pm
K4 Half-day: 8:00 to 1:00pm
K4-5th Grade 7:50-3:10pm
6th-12th Grade 8:00-3:10pm
Grammar School begins at 7:50 AM. Drop-off before 7:30 AM requires participation in Early Morning Drop-Off, a service provided to parents of K5 – 5th grade students to facilitate a parent’s work schedule. Children will be supervised by an adult staff member on the playground, or in a classroom if the weather is poor. K5 and 1st grade students will be escorted to the playground by a reliable safety patrol student. Students are never to be dropped off and left unsupervised by an adult. Parents who prefer to wait with their children until it is appropriate to enter the classroom are encouraged to do so. In such cases the parent is responsible for the behavior and whereabouts of his or her student until responsibility is assumed by the teacher.
Whether you are a parent, grandparent, or a friend of Cornerstone Academy, you can make a difference! We invite you to join the Cornerstone family through financial or prayer support. Gifts of all sizes help us accomplish our mission of providing excellent classical education founded upon a biblical worldview.
There are several ways you can support Cornerstone Academy:
- Home of our Own – Capital Campaign to raise funds to enable the purchase of a permanent facility
- Designated Gifts – Gifts designated for a particular purpose like Technology, Athletics or Arts.
- LIGHT – Annual serve-a-thon event, primarily planned and operated by our Rhetoric students. The entire student population takes a full day to serve local organizations and share HIS Light to our city.
- Splendor – Annual fund raising gala. Food. Music. Drama. Silent Auction. An event to not miss! There are multiple ways to participate in our annual gala and it takes a lot of volunteers to pull off each year!
For further information, please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352-378-9337.